Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthday party and Half-birthday!

Today, the 4rth, is my half-birthday! The time farthest, in either direction, from my birthday!
Yesterday I got two books for my half-birthday one day early, and today I really started to read them. They are Fablehaven 2&3. I have read the first book, and I liked it very much. It is about a magical creatures preserve, where fairies and monsters live together. In the morning, we set out for our french lesson. We played red light, green light, and hot and cold, in french. After french, we rushed off to piano. After piano, we went to a birthday party. I brought my knitting to the party, because the birthday girl was younger than Greta and thus unlikely to have many friends my age. As one little girl walked in, she pointed at me and said,"Look! She is sewing!"
Guessing that I probably would not get much peace to knit in, I put the knitting away and went outside. The two chickens were being chased around to no avail by children who probably could not pick a chicken up if they caught one. I caught both chickens and held them at the same time, then gave them to the kids who had fruitlessly been trying to catch them. After dinner we went home and had some bedtime tea and read some Harry Potter. Then we went to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I never quite thought of a half-birthday before! I finished Wintersmith and almost have finished A Hat Full of Sky. Waily, Waily I hate to see them finished. I agree with you that The Amazing Adventures of Maurice and is Incredible Rats is wonderful - know I don't quite have that title right. Reading it in the hot tub this morning until it started to snow too, too much to keep the library book open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to see the Wee Free Men series end too. And the title is The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How right you are on the title! I'm still enjoying that! But I'm reading it rather than listening to it. I like to listen to them in the car when I run errands or go down to Reno Or for that matter when I workout at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it instead of listening to it too.

    ReplyDelete