Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hello

Everyone seems to have a blog. They are fun to write and read, and they help you remember what happened a while ago. This blog is not about any particular thing, but feel free to read it.

Today my sister found a computer game about making a farm. She keeps on saying what she is doing on it while I try to concentrate, writing this blog, on my computer, which is unfortunately right next to hers.

While she tries to build a farm, I knit. I learned how to knit five days ago, and I am hard at work making a scarf. Somehow, I started out with nineteen stiches across. A few days later, I noticed that my knitting needles were full. I counted my stitches across and found that there was seventy- six. A few more than expected. I ran to the computer and looked up how to get rid of stiches without the project unraveling. After trying to comprehend the scant instructions of the website, I went back to my knitting. Every 25 stitches, I used the stitch described by the website to lose a stitch. I am back to 38 stitches across. And hopefully, the stitches will not misteriously grow again.

4 comments:

  1. Evelyn,

    Your scarf will just nicely be wider in the middle so that you can pull it up behind your head or over your chin to keep warmer. You might think of specifically designing a scarf just as you've accidentally created. I knowhow to knit but found that I crocheted faster so didn't do much knitting. A friend of mine is learning to knit holes (specially designed holes) in a knitting project to make it appear lace like. Hugs, Grn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Maybe you can help me if I have trouble knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I would be glad to help you. I look forward to seeing your scarf on you! What color is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It changes from purple to blue to green to yellow to orange, and it has red tassles. I'll put up a picture of it after we find the card reader!

    ReplyDelete