Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleepover Saturday-Sunday

Today I went to my cousins' house while dad took mom on a 40th birthday surprise trip to the French Laundry. I made a friendship bracelet for Valentine's day and we all watched Madagascar 2 and had dinner. We puzzeled over the 'self-expanatory' cot for a while, and finally made it stand up. We got into bed, my sisters annoyed with the arrangment of all of us in the same room and them in the same queen-sized bed while I got a cot to myself. Soon I blocked out the sound of the neverending story tape put on for my youngest sister and went to sleep.

In the morning, we woke up, or I should say I woke up and my youngest sister woke my other sister up, proclaimed that she wanted her own bed, and joined me in the cot until it was seven o clock and not 6:54. Then we got out of bed and headed downstairs, and were quickly joined by our cousins, who had 'been awake since 5:34!' We played a robot game for a while, my sisters often complaining about how they lost and the youngest one quitting. After that I tried to start another bracelet, this time with a more complicated pattern, but the threads got tangled and I had to untie it. My older younger sister and cousin played with Sculpey clay for a while, looking at the kids Sculpey book and the experts Sculpey book and wishing they could make thing from the experts Sculpey book but not trying and picking things from the kids Sculpey book. I made a scene pin cane from the experts Sculpey book and made some of the circular scenes into beads and some into pins, and one for my sister with a foam back. We had lunch, cooked the clay, and were picked up by mom and dad.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you put links in to what you are talking about. I'll have to talk to you when you are next up at the Lake to see just how you do that. Seems that you had a fun over night and that Mom and Dad had a good time too I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the create a post screen, right above the actual text box, there is a row of things you can add or do to your text. You will se one for a link. If you select what you want to turn into a link, then click on that button, then it will pop up a thing to say which link to connect to. Then you type the link into the box and hit 'O.K.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall have to start a Blog to do that and not sure I'll make time to write things on it! If I do I'll let you know. Thanks for the info. Love Grn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great having you girls over for the sleep-over! Thanks for helping me with the bunk-bed contraption and for all your help that weekend :) I particularly enjoyed my time with you in the garage crafting away while the others took a break in the hot tub. Elliot has been wearing a necklace made from the tree cane you made - he's very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete